Monday, April 16, 2007

On Kurt Vonneget

This weekend I was involved in a weird liberal ritual.

So this guy, Kurt Vonnegut, he wrote books, and they were supposedly funny and clever. Well, he died last week and my parents' friends all came over for a "reading" to celebrate his work. Everyone wore black and at first I was all into it. I mean, "funny and clever"- sounds just like my type of thing right? And his most famous book is called "Slaughter House Five." How could this guy and I not get along perfectly? Well it was a trick; that book isn't about slaughtering and destroying lots of things (okay it is, but it tries to claim that slaughtering and destroying isn't a good thing--as if!) But that's not even the worst of it, other selected readings included the beginning of "Breakfast of Champions" which is nothing more than a fountain of anti-American hogwash.

I'm covered in liberal filth! I've never needed a bath more in all my days.
I'd for sure burn that picture if I didn't look so dang dapper.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents wouldn't even let me come. And I had the perfect outfit too.
And I heard that you were hogging my Mom's lap. So not cool dude.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Tatanka said...

I know, I know, But this was upsetting. I needed some serious comforting.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home