Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On The Staight of the Union

I've been gathering my thoughts concerning the State of the Union address that my man W gave last week. I didn't want to jump right on here and start posting the first things that crossed my mind; I want you all to know that I deliberate on the news and political talks that I hear before forming opinions about them. However, much like W, once I know something is right, good luck knocking me off course. What conclusions have I come to? The address was pure genius. Bush at his best; he was funny, personable, didn't sound too sophisticated, it was so down to earth it almost felt like he hadn't prepared for the address at all--now that's natural charisma. Since I agree with all of it I don't have to pick it apart, pointing out all the flaws and fallacies (like I did with everyone of Clinton's State of the Union addresses).

That being said I do feel the need to defend one of Bush's finer points. What he has outlined IS a new war strategy. We're no longer "fighting" the insurgents, now we're "battling" them. It's subtle but let me help you understand it (you obviously need help understanding). Fighting is sort of haphazard, going in John Wayne style, guns pulled and fists flying. Battling, on the other hand, requires preparation and long term planning. This is the second stage of the war, in the first stage we experienced enormous successes, but a slight alteration of strategy is required to finish the war--that's what the second stage is for. Plus there is an additional twenty-thousand troops--which unfortunately doesn't include Chuck Norris or me--this is clearly a new era of the Iraq war. Give it time people, Bush deserves as much considering all the tax cuts he's given us.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken, the only President in your lifetime has been Bush the younger. Hummm, I wonder how many Clinton speaches you've heard????

1:44 PM  
Blogger Tatanka said...

I took an online class entitled: Recognizing Liberal Lies. In it we had to critique Clinton's State of the Union addresses. It was very easy and I received an A+ in the class.

12:10 PM  
Blogger anonymousloveletters@gmail.com said...

a love letter for you - valentines day is coming up!!!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tatanka has a girlfriend!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Julie Weisberg said...

Thanks for those astute words Tatanka the rePUGlican!

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home