Sunday, November 26, 2006

On Culture Wariors

While everyone knows by now that Rush is my boy, I'd also like to give a shout out to Bill. Sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep at night because I can't stop thinking about which one is actually my favorite. Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a "who's the greatest political commentator of all time" post so let me get to my point--Bill has a new book out, Culture Warrior. I pre-ordered my copy and read it in two days. I don't expect most people to be able to read the book quite as quickly because, as it turns out, I have a lot more free time on my hands than your average human.

Here's a book review. Bill wants to know if you love America or hate America. I want to know too actually. Anyway, he tells you how to spot lovers and haters as well as how to tell which side you fall on. He then goes on to show why it's so important to love America. I'd tell you more about the book but Bill might sue me for copy-right infringement or something, that's just the great American way.

Bill has even gone a step further by creating an online test that will help you figure out what type of person you are. You guys know I love tests, here are my results.

1. Do you believe in "income redistribution"--that is, the government taxing affluent Americans at a higher proportional rate in order to fund entitlements to the less well off?
I don't like math so I'm definitely against this sort of nonsense.


2. Do you believe the definition of marriage should include homosexuals?
No, otherwise the next thing you know people will want to start marrying my sister--that's just sick.


3. Do you think suspected terrorists captured overseas are entitled to Geneva Convention protections-that is, the same rights that military people are afforded?
No, another easy one since I hate terrorists.

4. Do you believe that the USA, in general, is harmful to the world?
Yes, we destroy all kinds of crap. Go Rummy!!!!

5. Are you against states legally mandating that parents be informed when their underage daughters have abortions?
No. I hate abortion. If there were more babies then there would be more babies for me to eat.

I sent Bill and email because I'm pretty certain his test is broke. Here's what it said about me:

Based on the answers you gave...
You lean heavily towards being a traditional warrior.


Obviously I'm a full scale traditional assault warrior, I'm not just leaning. If it were anyone besides Bill I'd say whoever created this test must be nuts. I suspect it's just a mistake, although, I rarely (maybe never) see Bill make mistakes so I'm still a little concerned. I hope he responds to my email.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good sir, when discussing legendary political commentators such as Bill O'Relly and Rush Limbaugh, I feel that it is important to also mention Lou Dobbs. His level of genius is at, if not above, the level of O'Reilly and Limbaugh.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Tatanka said...

I can get behind Lou's stance on illegal immigration, after all they're taking all the jobs I could do if I weren't busy freeloading over here. But I suspect he isn't a true Culture Warrior.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home